Research Paper Award 2016
The Research Paper Award is in recognition of the importance of published research papers in developing and disseminating knowledge for the benefit of current and future practice. The Award aims to celebrate individual excellence in research.
• Premier Award (£2,000, trophy and certificate)
• Highly Commended Award (£500, trophy and certificate)
• Merit Award (trophy and certificate)
Rules of Entry
In addition to the General Rules of Entry,
• Research papers must have been published in peer-reviewed research journals in the year 2015 or 2016.
• Research papers are authored by no more than two individuals.
• No individual can submit more than one research paper.
• An entry form must be completed and returned by post with a hard copy of the published research paper.
The research paper should:
• Demonstrate an original contribution to knowledge in the chosen specialism
• Demonstrate awareness of international research trends in the chosen specialism.
• Demonstrate a high level of critical analysis and appropriate use of primary and/or secondary data.
• Be understandable to the widest possible audience.
• Be well structured with:
- Clearly stated aims and objectives
- Critical analysis of previous work
- Well-justified research methodology
- Convincing critical arguments and findings
- Clear conclusions and recommendations for practice
share this page
How to apply
The I&R Awards Team
The Chartered Institute of Building
1 Arlington Square